Breast augmentation – Introduction to the concept
In cosmetic surgery, the breast augmentation procedure is performed to add volume and fullness to flat breasts. This operation consists of implanting a prosthesis chosen according to the size and shape desired by the patient. By promoting the beauty and sensuality of the breasts, breast augmentation fuels patients’ confidence in their femininity.
This breast surgery is carried out with the aim of remedying the following imperfections, among others:
- Underdeveloped breasts
- Flat breasts…
In addition, the patient must be over 18 years old to ensure that the development of her morphology is total.
Types of breast implants
According to the criteria of their shape and their texture, the prostheses are divided into 2 categories, namely:
- Anatomical implants: recommended for their natural appearance in the event of breast aplasia or reconstruction
- Round implants: moderately or greatly increases the volume and projection of the breasts, guaranteeing filling of the décolleté and nice cleavage
Breast augmentation – HOW ?
Under general anesthesia during the surgery, which lasts between 20 minutes and an hour. During this time, the plastic surgeon makes incisions to introduce the implants. These can indeed be made of silicone gel or physiological saline water.
Depending on their position in relation to the pectoral muscle, breast implants can be located in 3 distinct areas:
- Behind the pectoral muscle: This implant is done in thin patients especially
- In front of the pectoral muscle: This choice guarantees an aesthetically correct result in case of moderate projection with a developed breast
- Dual plane: the prosthesis remains between the 2 planes.
Breast augmentation results
A change in the size but also in the shape of the breasts can be noticed immediately following the procedure. However, the final result can only be judged after 6 months.